1. The number of phases of a stepper motor refers to the number of coil groups inside the motor. At present, two-phase, spindle, four-phase, and five-phase stepper motors are commonly used. The number of phases of the motor is different, and the step angle is also different. Generally, if there is no segment drive, the user mainly depends on the stepping motor with different phase numbers to meet the step angle requirements. If the step angle of the phase motor is 1.8 degrees, the axial direction is 1.5 degrees, and the five-phase motor is 0.72 degrees. Using a segmented drive, the number of phases will become meaningless, and the user only needs to change the number of segments on the drive to change the step angle.
2. The two-phase stepping motor has only two windings on the stator and four outgoing wires. The full step is 1.8° and the half step is 0.9°. In the driver, it is enough to control the on-off and current direction of the two-phase winding current.
3. The stepping motor cannot be used under normal conditions like ordinary DC motors and AC motors. It must be composed of a dual ring pulse signal, power drive circuit, etc. to form a control system before it can be used. Therefore, it is not easy to use a stepper motor well. It involves many professional knowledge of machinery, electrical machinery, electronics and computers.
4. Stepping motor is an open-loop control element that converts electrical pulse signals into angular displacement or linear displacement. In the case of non-overload, the speed and stop position of the motor only depend on the frequency and pulse number of the pulse signal, and are not affected by the load change. That is, when a pulse signal is added to the motor, the motor rotates through a step angle. The existence of this linear relationship, coupled with the characteristics of the stepper motor having only periodic errors and no cumulative errors. This makes it very simple to use a stepper motor to control the speed, position and other control fields.
5. The stepping motor is used in low-speed occasions, and the speed does not exceed 1000 revolutions per minute. It is best to use between 1000-3000PPS. It can be used in this room through a deceleration device. At this time, the motor has high working efficiency and low noise. It is best not to use the full-step state, the vibration is large in the full-step state.